Tuesday 11 November 2014

Tomato Rosemary Stew

I have another amazeballs weeknight dinner recipe to share!



(don't want to read the boring stuff? click here for the recipe!)

I'm all about the fast, easy, healthy and comforting foods, and this one really takes the cake! even carrying my tripod around the kitchen to film this took no time at all!

I have so much rosemary right now and its killing me! I hate to waste food but honestly im not a huge fan. I like rosemary as an integral part of Italian cuisine, but to make a dish where it is the star was kind of intimidating and not appealing to me at all. When I think about rosemary dishes I imagine it paired with meat or chicken or in roasted vegetables, or with startches in breading, and even then im not really a fan.

Rosemary luckily lasts pretty long in the fridge and is really easy to hang up and dry (it makes your kitchen smell beautiful too!) so I guess I wasn't FORCED to make this stew.. but I tell you what.. this girl has no regrets! Heck I think im more inclined to throw a stalk into every stew I make from now on.

Whether you love or notreallylove rosemary give this simple fast easy stew a try! You probably have the ingredients sitting in your cupboard right now (and the rosemary in the garden!)




Tomato Rosemary Stew
Makes 5 generous portions
Serving: 1.5cup, 332cal, 9fat, 49.7carb 14.9protein

3 tbsp olive oil
1 can navy beans, rinsed and drained 340ml*
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained 340ml*
1 large red onion, cut into large chunks
1 large can crushed tomatoes 720ml
2 tbsp chopped rosemary leaves
2 tsp crushed garlic
1 tbsp dried italian herbs

Heat oil in a saucepan over medium high heat and slightly soften the onion (1-2mins) Add the garlic, rosemary and dry herbs and cook for a furthur minute.

Add the beans and crushed tomatoes and a small amount of water (aproximately 1/4 cup)
reduce heat and cook covered (so no moisture escapes) for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. The stew should be thick, but if it is starting to dry out add more liquid. Serve garnished with rosemary stalks.

*Substitutions
Use any canned beans you prefer






Love life and your body!

-Toni

Enjoy this recipe? help me out and give it a share!

No comments:

Post a Comment